If you’re a freelance creative looking to work with us, please email your portfolio/deck to firstname.lastname@example.org
Brand + Marketing Intern
Huffman Creative is looking for a curious, creative, and motivated individual to join our team as the Brand + Marketing Intern during the Spring Semester 2024.
Who We Are
Huffman Creative is a full-service production studio making world-class content for brands, artists, and agencies. We are a close-knit team building everything together, and that collaborative philosophy makes all the difference in the work we do.
Who You Are
You are a curious, creative, and motivated individual who loves to collaborate with others to fulfill an ambitious vision. You are hungry for knowledge, are on top of the latest trends and developments in marketing and social media, and see yourself directly impacting a team of like-minded professionals. You take creative and strategic input and can turn it into concrete ideas, concepts, and deliverables. You enjoy researching, building, and designing as much as putting the final product out into the world. You’re optimistic and sincere, and more than anything, want to work and grow alongside an active team making waves in entertainment.
What You’ll Do
As our Brand + Marketing Intern, you directly support our marketing / creative workflows and have a tangible impact on the day-to-day of the company. You will work with our Brand + Marketing Coordinator to maintain our social media presence, participate in communication with vendors and brand partners, and develop strategies for growth across our marketing channels. Most importantly, we want you to expand and refine your professional skills while contributing to the success of our rapidly growing studio.
Some Specific Duties
• Collaborate with our marketing team to devise innovative strategies to further connect with our community, enhance our brand presence, and boost our reach.
• Assist in the curation of Huffman Creative’s social media channels to showcase company, music, film, and photo content.
• Support the management of our social media accounts by reviewing our content calendar, scheduling content prepared by the marketing team, and engaging with our community.
• Support the development of templates for social media and email marketing, and the design of marketing/sales materials such as presentations, sales decks, and one-sheets.
• Conduct industry research and suggest ideas for the marketing team to pursue.
• Facilitate the organization and presentation of the content on our company website.
• Prepare analytics and performance reports for the Brand + Marketing Coordinator to present at Executive meetings.
• Assist in the coordination of company events, such as through vendor/venue research and outreach, among other duties.
• While not a requirement, you are encouraged to contribute fresh ideas and unique solutions to enhance Huffman Creative’s positioning in the entertainment space.
• Support our development of company merchandise.
• Organize online media databases like Dropbox and Vimeo.
• Assist in the maintenance and organization of our library of creative assets.
• Misc. duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent. You must be enrolled in an accredited university/college program to receive credit.
• Currently pursuing a degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, or a degree plan relevant to the entertainment industry.
• A strong interest in an entertainment career with a passion for content creation, artists, filmmakers, and branding.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to craft engaging and impactful messaging.
Proficient understanding of social media platforms and basic knowledge of content management systems, e.g. WordPress.
• Some experience with email marketing systems, e.g. MailChimp.
• Either a sharp analytical mind that can pull keen insights from data, or a creative eye for design and visuals, or both!
• Organized and meticulous, cares strongly for details, and can manage multiple tasks and deadlines effectively.
• Basic knowledge of marketing principles, concepts, trends, and strategies.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
• Experience with Google Workspace and Microsoft Office.
• Positive attitude, willingness to learn, eagerness to ask questions, and takes a proactive approach to problem-solving.
• Available to work in person. This is not a remote internship.
• Basic understanding of SEO.
• Experience in the Adobe Suite. (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, etc.)
• Knowledge of marketing, SEO, and social media tools. (Ahrefs, SEMRush, Meta Business Suite, Instagram Analytics, Google Site Kit + Search Console, etc.)
• Experience growing social media accounts and working on successful marketing/advertising campaigns.
• Experience creating in-depth and professional creative decks that are faithful to a brand vision.
• Experience with event coordination and planning.
• Basic knowledge of motion graphics and 3D software. (After Effects, Cinema4D, Blender, etc.)
• Hands-on experience in a dynamic production studio environment.
• Exposure to various aspects of brand management and marketing strategy.
• Opportunity to contribute ideas and make a meaningful impact on our clients and community.
• Networking opportunities with entertainment industry professionals.
• Potential for mentorship and learning from experienced marketers and producers.
• Flexible working hours to accommodate academic schedules.
This is an unpaid internship that can be taken for academic credit. We reimburse our interns for lunch and mileage for business-related trips. You will have opportunities to attend business-related events, as well as assist with on-set marketing efforts, e.g. bringing company merchandise to production sets.
Interested? Please fill out this form:
Huffman Creative is seeking Production Interns to join our team for Spring 2024. This position is an excellent opportunity for students seeking a career in the entertainment industry especially those who plan on working in the freelance space after school.
This production internship was designed to introduce you to the day-to-day functions of a rapidly growing production studio and what large-budget productions require on a multitude of organizational and creative levels.
What You’ll Do
• Learn our studio’s project workflows, organizational methods, and record-keeping practices.
• Help organize our databases for clients, freelancers, locations, and vendors.
• Help search those databases and the internet to pull selects for projects.
• Contact vendors for quotes and fill out any necessary authorization paperwork.
• Learn how to budget for various video styles and budget caps.
• Become knowledgeable in the location resources available to Los Angeles filmmakers.
• Understand how to wrap a project including how to process payroll, create purchase orders, properly close accounts, and ensure your production is in line with federal and state tax regulations.
• Learn how a production studio affects all other professionals in video production.
• Learn how to create treatments, sitemaps, and other documents related to video production.
• Explore your own passions and how you might work with producers/production companies in the future.
• Assist in the assembling of content for our website, Vimeo, and social media.
• Production-related runs as needed (if Los Angeles-based).
• Other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Learn
• Hands-On Production Assistant Duties
• Creating a Budget
• Creating a Location Deck
• Creating a Casting Call and Pull Selects
• Creating a Video Treatment
• Applying for a Film Permit
• Processing Payroll
• Contacting Vendors by Email
• Contacting Vendors by Phone
• Gathering Invoices/W9s and creating purchase orders (POs)
• Completing the PO log
• Handling and reconciling petty cash (PC)
• Location Scouting
Ideal candidates must be able to commit 2-3 days a week starting in January through to May.
• High school degree or equivalent; must be enrolled in an accredited university/college program to receive credit.
• Proficient computer skills, including Google Suite (Docs, Slides, and Sheets) and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
• Must be 18 years of age.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Self-directed and able to work without supervision.
• Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas.
• Knowledge of motion graphics and Adobe After Effects.
• Familiar with DaVinci Resolve workflows.
• Experience in the greater Adobe Suite. (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
• Delivering social content specs and cutdowns.
This is an unpaid internship that can be taken for school credit. However, separate from the internship, you will have opportunities to work on all local Huffman Creative sets as a Production Assistant and will be compensated for all work at the industry standard rate.
Interested? Please fill out this form:
Our Diversity Commitment
We celebrate diversity in our employees, and we’re committed to building a safe and inclusive workplace environment where we all can thrive. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage future team members from traditionally underrepresented and underserved communities to apply.