If you’re a freelance creative looking to work with us, please email your portfolio/deck to email@example.com
We are seeking a Junior Editor to join our team and to deliver weekly short-form client and company content. Huffman Creative is a quickly growing production studio where everyone works closely to get jobs done both project-based and internally. Candidates should want to be in a fast-paced, highly organized, and collaborative environment. This position has opportunities for growth as we continue to pursue other types of projects and expand our client base, and the ideal candidate is looking to develop a career in entertainment, more specifically the post-production side of things.
Who You Are
You’re an optimistic problem solver and champion of organization. You’re highly motivated, collaborative, and driven to grow as a storyteller in the post-production space. You’re looking to grow with a tight-knit team and work across multiple forms of content.
Who We Are
Huffman Creative is an award-winning creative and production studio making world-class content for brands, artists, and agencies. Our collaborative philosophy makes all the difference in the work we do, and we’re continually pushing ourselves to pursue new possibilities in the world of entertainment media.
What You’ll Do
As Junior Editor, you will edit together weekly content and deliverables as well as help on the organizational side of our larger campaigns. You will support internal video creation needs, occasionally support the marketing team, and help with our media storage and organization.
Some Specific Duties
• Editing weekly content offline for several of our smaller campaigns per client feedback.
• Cutting social media trailers for select projects.
• Managing uploads to Frame.io for reviews and Youtube/Instagram/Vimeo for release.
• Handling cut-downs and deliverables for weekly content and other content on an as-needed basis.
• Transcoding and organizing media for projects as needed.
• Prepping timelines and pulling selects for internal company projects.
• Editing together reels as needed for company events.
• Consolidating hard drives and media per project needs.
• Facilitating hard drive hand-offs on a by-project basis.
• Maintaining a Final Deliverables Archive for all projects.
• Misc. duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Editing/similar and/or 1-2 years of experience in post-production at a short-form content company.
• A skilled understanding of Adobe Premiere Pro and Media Encoder.
• Basic understanding of sound design/mix and LUTs/color correction.
• Familiarity with Frame.io organization and workflow.
• Confident with the commercial standard deliverable specs (aspect ratios, file types, slates, etc.).
• A strong interest in a career in post-production — whether it be editor, producer, or company executive.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interpret notes and provide clear, thoughtful solutions.
• Can manage multiple tasks and maintain a strong throughline of organization.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively to meet strict deadlines.
• Knowledge of business administrative and organizational software, e.g. Google Workspace, Microsoft Suite, and Dropbox.
• Knowledge of motion graphics and Adobe After Effects.
• Familiar with DaVinci Resolve workflows.
• Experience in the greater Adobe Suite. (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
• Delivering social content specs and cutdowns.
This is a 3-month contract position with possible renewal at the end of the term. This position will require an estimated 35 – 40 hours per week. Flexibility is strongly encouraged as is dependent on project needs. Huffman Creative’s standard office hours are Monday – Friday from 10:00AM – 6:00PM PST. We aim to bring this person on with a start date in mid to late September.
The compensation range for this position during the term is $4,000 – $4,500/month.
Interested? Please Send Us:
• Your resume.
• Any relevant portfolio work.
• An optional cover letter and/or bullet point list describing how you meet our qualifications and how you might be the strongest candidate for this position.
• An email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Junior Editor Inquiry – [Your Name]
Our Diversity Commitment
We celebrate diversity in our employees, and we’re committed to building a safe and inclusive workplace environment where we all can thrive. We’re proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We encourage future team members from traditionally underrepresented and underserved communities to apply.